21 Songs to Inspire You at Work

 

 

"Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue." -Plato


We all love to be inspired at work, and we all love great music. So I asked people I respect what songs inspire them most at the office. I asked members of the Likeable team, as well as CEO's from the Young Entrepreneurs Council and the Entrepreneurs Organization for their favorite songs to get motivated at work, to get them feeling productive on days when that's not so easy, and to simply inspire them. Below are their choices along with select lyrics from each. From a wide variety of genres, some of these songs are sure to inspire you as well:

1) Not Afraid by Eminem (submitted by Carrie Kerpen, CEO of Likeable Media)

I'm not afraid to take a stand. Everybody come take my hand.
We'll walk this road together, through the storm.

2) Imagine by John Lennon (submitted by Sam Sudakoff of Likeable)

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

3) Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce (submitted by Tiffany Hopkins of Likeable)

I'm reppin' for the girls who taking over the world. Help me raise a glass for the college grads.

4) Don't Stop Believin' by Journey (submitted by Michele Weisman of Likeable)

Working hard to get my fill, Everybody wants a thrill.

5) Number One by Nelly (submitted by Brian Murray of Likeable)

What does it take to be number one? Two is not a winner And 3 nobody remembers.

6) Relax, Take it Easy by Mika (submitted by Sarah Al of Likeable)

Relax, take it easy. For there is nothing that we can do.

7) Countdown by Beyonce (submitted by Ricky Demaio of Likeable)

Do whatever that it takes, he got a winner's mind. Give it all to him, meet him at the finish line.

8) Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons (submitted by Frank Emanuele of Likeable)

Your boldness stands alone among the wreck
Now learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own nec

9) Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd (submitted by Shannon Maguire of Likeable)

Sweet home Alabama where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama, L
ord, I'm coming home to you.

10) Eye of the Tiger by Survivor (submitted by Scott Gerber, founder/CEO of the YEC)

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, risin' up to the challenge of our rival.

11) Rock You Like a Hurricane by The Scorpions (submitted by James DiSabatino)

It's time for a show...Here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

12) Beat it by Michael Jackson (submitted by Kofi Frimpong)

No one wants to be defeated. Showin' how funky and strong is your fight.

13) One Day by Matisyahu (submitted by Sarah Schupp)

In this maze you can lose your way. It might drive you crazy but don't let it faze you no way.

14) Safe and Sound by Capital Cities (submitted by David Cohen)

I could lift you up. I could show you what you want to see, and take you where you want to be.

15) Make the Money by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (submitted by Clay Hebert)

Listen, see I was meant to be a warrior. Fight something amongst me, leave here victorious.

16) Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun (submitted by Evan Kirkpatrick)

We are always running, for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill.

17) Don't Stop Me Now by Queen (submitted by Derek Flanzraich)

I'm a shooting star leaping through the skies, like a tiger defying the laws of gravity.

18) Let's Go by Calvin Harris & Ne-Yo (submitted by Eric Koester)

Make no excuses now. I'm talking here and now.

19) Lose Yourself by Eminem (submitted by Hemang Mehta of Entrepreneurs Organization)

You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

20) Firework by Katy Perry (submitted by Fran Biderman Gross)

Baby, you're a firework. Come on, show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh.

Finally, for my personal favorite song to inspire me at work...

21) The Final Countdown by Europe

Oh. It's the final countdown. We're leaving together.

Here is a Spotify playlist of all 21 songs that Michele Weisman from Likeable put together!

Those are some of the songs that inspire my colleagues and fellow business leaders at work. Now, I'd love to hear from YOU. Do you love any of the above songs? What is your favorite song to inspire you at work - to get you feeling good when you're feeling down? Let me know in the comments below, and perhaps we can make this list go from 21 to 2,100 songs!

 

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130225163442-15077789-21-songs-to-inspire-you-at-work?trk=mp-author-card

Comentarios