Words of Wisdom: 8 Famous Quotes to Help You Embrace Fear and Achieve Success
When offering career advice to young professionals and entrepreneurs, the two things that always top my list are to find a mentor and to read voraciously. Throughout the course of my life, I have been blessed with multiple mentors -- mostly teachers, professors, bosses or colleagues. In addition, I have gathered useful advice from reading, and observing the actions of individuals who I identify as some of the world's best leaders, both past and present. The following are 8 notable quotes from these "leaders" that have inspired me and helped to shape my principles as a business owner.
- "Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." – Dale Carnegie
- "There are only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." – Albert Einstein
- "Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best." – Andrew Carnegie
- "The true measure of a person is how they treat someone who can do him absolutely no good." – Samuel Johnson
- "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going because you might not get there." – Yogi Berra
- "Expect more than others think possible." – Howard Schultz
- "If people aren't calling you crazy, you aren't thinking big enough." – Richard Branson
- "Never, never, never give up." – Winston Churchill
To me, the key takeaway is to push yourself through fear and uncertainty and place your best foot forward no matter what happens. I am not embarrassed to admit how frightened I was when I started SkyBridge in 2005. Swirling in my head were all of the things that could go wrong. Of course all of those things happened and, by the way, then there was a financial crisis. The point is -- put your plans in motion, work hard and be willing to adapt along the way.
What great leaders and sayings have inspired you?
Enviado desde mi iPhone