Richard Branson: 19 Inspiring Power Quotes for Success
Richard Branson is one of the most flamboyant--and successful--entrepreneurs in the world. The founder of a long string of "Virgin" companies, from Virgin Records to Virgin Atlantic Airways to Virgin Mobile--and many others--Richard Branson continues to push the limits. In 2004, he founded Virgin Galactic, which is the world's first commercial spaceline.
Consider these powerful words that can lead you to success.
1. "My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them."
2. "Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming."
3. "The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit."
4. "You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and by falling over."
5. "Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind. It favors people whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so."
6. "To launch a business means successfully solving problems. Solving problems means listening."
7. "My definition of success? The more you're actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will be."
8. "To me, business isn't about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It's about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials."
9. "Well, I think that there's a very thin dividing line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing, you're likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line."
10. "My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, 'Oh God, I've got to do this today.'"
11. "I'm prepared to try anything once."
12. "My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long university education that I never had--every day I'm learning something new."
13. "Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That's always been my philosophy of business. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing."
14. "A business has to be involving--it has to be fun. And, it has to exercise your creative instincts."
15. "To be successful, you have to be out there. You have to hit the ground running and if you have a good team around you, and more than a fair share of luck, you might make something happen. But you certainly can't guarantee it just by following someone else's formula."
16. "As much as you need a strong personality to build a business from scratch, you also must understand the art of delegation. I have to be good at helping people run the individual businesses, and I have to be willing to step back. The company must be set up so it can continue without me."
17. "Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it."
18. "A business is simply an idea to make other people's lives better."
19. "I believe that drudgery and clock-watching are a terrible betrayal of that universal, inborn entrepreneurial spirit."
Enviado desde mi iPad